Friday, April 6, 2012

Inner Beauty

lol


     Isn't this the cutest caption?  Well I did go and get my haircut yesterday.  There is a crucial day when your hair is perfect one day and the next day it is a complete train wreck.  Do you know about that day?  If you're like me, the hairdresser is never available in that critical moment.  Wait? with this mop growing on my head at an exponential rate?  What a relief that one hour in the salon chair can bring.  I also got my eyebrows waxed which is a painful, yet worth it, experience.  Afterwards, it looks like you put red lipstick around your eyebrows.
     This caption also reminds me of those pink foam rollers.  After a restless night of sleeping in them, my hair looked about like this dog's.  Serious manipulation had to be done to get the desired look, instead of a frizzed out mess. I think I was about eleven when I vowed them out forever from my head.
     While I think it is in a woman's nature to be a little vain, we must remember that our inner beauty should shine the brightest.  1 Peter 3;3-4 ''Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.''  My friend, Twylia, gave me a card this week with part of this verse on it.  I'm glad she could see past my mop-head into my inner beauty at the time.

3 comments:

  1. Well, my sweet friend, I have NEVER thought of you as a mop-head! Now, if you wanted to see some big hair that very much resembled a mop, you should have seen me about 30 years ago. I tried to be a Farrah Fawcett, but was oh, so far from it! I ALWAYS see your inner beauty...how could anyone miss it?! So glad you liked the card...I had several to choose from...and I chose that one especially for you. It fit you perfectly. LOVE this picture, BTW!! Have a wonderful Easter...He has risen, He has risen indeed!! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. We need to show this picture to Jama and Jordan. They both want to be taller. Maybe this hairstyle would help, LOL! T., again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Twylia when she had the big hair--and hair bows, to boot! But she has always been beautiful to me. And so are you. But I must say that I needed this; the haircut I got this week was not my favorite. I feel very not stylish and somewhat box head! But hopefully the inner beauty of the heart will shine through. Thanks for the sweet post, and I love the picture! And you!

    ReplyDelete