Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Way Back Wednesday--Revved Up

On top of  the world

Sand dunes at Burns Park
   













     


   

      When I see these pictures, guess what song pops into my head?  'Glory Days' by Bruce Springsteen.  Yes, I could have been the next Danica Patrick on three wheels.  We have a picture somewhere with me in mid-air on my three wheeler.
      My dad bought me a motorized wheeler when I was two but my mom thought I was too little for my own wheels at the time.  So at age 7, I got my own Honda 150 three wheeler.  I guess it wasn't my first ride because I had a go-cart prior to this.  Okay, so this was my first wheels to fly with..ha. I couldn't shift gears with my foot so my dad attached a metal stick to the gear shifter. Now I was all set.
     So here in lies my need for speed!  The power at your fingertips gives a thrill like no other.  The splash of the mud on your face and clothes is like a shower of joy.  I wouldn't trade the memories for anything.
     You might be wondering why the helmet isn't on my head while I'm riding?  Of course, I had the 'NO FEAR' covered and my parents knew 'God was near.'  I usually wore my helmet, unlike my seatbelt later on.
     A friend of mine asked me the other day 'if I was a wild child?'  In some ways, I'd have to say yes. God knows our hearts and He knew my adventurous heart.  Have you ever wondered how many guardian angels are assigned to you?  I think I have an army watching my back.  THANKFULLY.

 

5 comments:

  1. I was NOT an adventurous child, but I have definitely become more adventurous in my old age. James has had an influence on to me join him on "the wild side of life"! NEVER EVER thought either one of us would be riding a motorcycle, and now a trike. Must say I feel a LOT safer on the trike. I figure God knows when He is calling me home, so trust Him, use good judgment and let Him be in control. You were a wild little child, though! Never knew you did all those daredevil rides in your youth! We definitely need to get you a sidecar and take you with us on our trike trips! You would fit right in! Love all your little girl pics...you were the cutest!! And love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl, we made some good memories with the go cart, three wheeler --- you were fearless. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to say that you are more fearless than I am, Angie. I'm ultra cautious, in almost everything. But I do believe that God is taking care of us. I am just a fearful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this and hearing your thoughts on those memories. I am so glad you were able to do this (now I can say this; however, at the time I was the one who was afraid--afraid you would get hurt). Mother used to say "you can't guard too closely the ones you love so dear". I feel Mother guarded us too closely and you probably think the same about me--I come by this trait naturally. Even now when children are over I tend to watch and worry about them getting hurt somehow. I so love reading your blogs every day. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fun to see pictures of those days. I suppose we all enjoy speed of one kind or another. I had an 80 year old acquaintance who once said, "All my life I've been hurrying to get somewhere, and now that I'm there all I can do is wait." Lord help us as we wait. Have a great rainy day! Joel

    ReplyDelete