Thursday, March 8, 2012

Find the Beauty

Pinned Image


     Yes, it is dark and dreary outside right now.  The rain is pouring down at a pretty fast rate.  It's not the sort of day that makes you want to run outside and do all your errands today, does it?
      It is a pretty ugly day but can we find some beauty in it?  1] We definetely needed the rain with all the fire dangers in the past few days.  2] Rainy days give you time for indoor projects that may have been pushed aside. 3]  It cleans away some of that pollen that has been causing havoc with allergy sufferers. 4]  Alot of people sleep better when it's raining so maybe those that are sleep deprived can catch up a little today.  5] The rain may cause some of us to pause and slow down a little, even if it's just for a day. 6] Hey it could be snow, it is only March.
       So today, if you want to be bummed about the rain remember the attention you give it can be both positive or negative, it's up to you.

4 comments:

  1. I like number 4.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, it's been hard not to nap this afternoon! But it has been great to go outside and not cough or have my eyes water... (Or maybe my eyes were watering and there was just so much rain coming down in my face I didn't know it.. Ha! AT any rate, you are right, we always have a choice - to be positive or negative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like rainy days--especially when it's warm. When I was in college I remember taking walks in the rain on warm rainy days. Weird, huh? I also love to sit and read books or play games on days when it's rainy, especially on cold rainy days. And yes, I do tend to sleep better! Praise the Lord for rainy days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were out in the rain most of the day yesterday....had prelim doc appts. for James' surgery scheduled on the 22nd. It was nasty, rainy and then turned cold. I would let him (and his cane) out close to the door and then find a parking place as close as possible or in the covered parking lot. We had a break between appointments, so we went to Keirre's to eat in Maumelle and the bottom fell out!! It was raining SO HARD just as we arrived there. We just sat and waited for downpour to subside before getting out of the van....took a few minutes but that was okay. Got a little wet getting inside but that was okay too. On the way home, when it was still raining hard, I just kept thinking of that great nap I was going to have with the pain sounding on the skylights. LOVE that sound....reminds me of being at my grandmother's little house when I was growing up. She had a tin roof and the rain was so soothing....sweet memories. Would rather not have had to be out in it yesterday, but made the most of it and James got a good report to continue with the knee replacement. God is good!! Love the rain...love the sunshine...this is the day the Lord has made....I will rejoice and be glad in! Thanks for listening to my "yesterday"...love you, T.

    ReplyDelete