Monday, March 19, 2012

Sassy

Pinned Image


     I love it when people show their unpredictable, sassy side of themselves.  I think this picture captures the essence of that.  I like people who don't define themselves or their activities by their age, within reason of course.  I think it's a great reward when people can retire but that doesn't mean you check out.  We are still responsible for bearing spiritual fruit till we pass on. 
     My favorite event of the year is the FBF Talent Show.  There you will see personalities come to life and often in unexpected ways.  One that was forever memorable was when Bruce Rew dressed up like Julia Child.  He showed 'how to cook with your laptop.'  It was hilarious when he poured batter on the keyboard to make waffles.  Now Bruce is a smart business man and so that comes with a certain stereotype so this was a totally unexpected side. I loved it.
     We are all multi-faceted so let us all be daring enough to show our 'sassy' side to others in our lives.  Serve others in your life with a full of life spirit.  If someone can't muster a smile, make sure you give them yours.

6 comments:

  1. I'm still thinking about the spider on the toilet paper picture...Seriously, I am retired and I would never show up in a picture like the one above but I am finding it's easier to be less politically correct when you look like a grandma and wear orthopedic running shoes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may need help with your photo selections, this one is terribbbble. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of those in the picture WAS Bruce! Fun post and good advice. I SO agree with you about the smile...grumpy people make me want to smile at them until they crack. Is that weird???

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture, Angie!!! It is SO ME!! You remember my motto...."If you can't sing, make 'em laugh!" I would love to have seen the Bruce Rew/Julia Child skit...bet that was hilarious. You know, there is a lot to be said about that saying, "Laughter is the best medicine", or the Scripture verse, "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine". And laughter causes so many less wrinkles than a frown does. Would so hate for a frown to become a permanent fixture on my face...would much rather display a smile....and would much rather bring a smile to the faces of others. Gotta disagree with your dad on this one....I think your pic selection was GREAT! Thanks for bringing me a great laugh today. Keep on smiling! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look like those women. Maybe I should quit trying to hide so much of myself.
    grace m.

    ReplyDelete