Monday, January 30, 2012

Stop It

Well the squirrel has a point


     I have yet to master the art of patience.  On occasion it has shown itself clearly.  This caption reminds me of one of those times.
     I rarely talk on the phone now days because my voice is softer than it used to be.  I used to though handle the personal business calls that I could.  Well, one day at work I had to call the health insurance company.  A task that I thoroughly hate. Anyways, I told whatever the situation was to the lady on the other end of the line.  She started whispering back to me.  I know this can be an unconscious response to my soft voice so I told her 'please don't whisper.'  She continued to do so and I asked her again to stop it. And again. Maybe it had been a bad day or I had just reached my limit but I banged that phone receiver on my desk two or three times and said 'are you gona stop it now??'  [maybe I should have put that in all caps..lol]  Well, I must have got my point across because she finished the rest of the phone call in her normal voice.
     Patience sometimes just runs out, hopefully you can handle it a little better than me when it does. 

4 comments:

  1. We all come to the end of our rope at times. When I do.. it's not a pretty sight... =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you got most all of my patience, cause you seem to be far more patient than me. I have choked people on the phone, and with the phone. There are some real dummies at the insurance companies, utilities, government offices,
    come to think of it most places that don't see it my way.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I worked at CSSA, most of my sales were over the phone. I did get to meet a lot of our clients in person over the years, and that makes a huge difference....something about the fact that they KNOW you and you KNOW them. I was a pretty nice girl back then. However, I am with your Dad. My phone etiquette needs great improvement talking with health insurance agents, government offices, doctors' offices, telephone salespeople, etc. I have had to really pray hard about my attitude and ask God to help me be kind and considerate, and ESPECIALLY patient. James says I do better than he does (is that because he wants me to make the calls and deal with the problems???) Some days are better than others, and I do try to maintain my self-control! Of course, if I find out the person on the other end of the line is from south Arkansas and we have a lot in common, I tend to do much better....then they become my friend, LOL!! Thank you, Angie, for continuing to convict us and encourage us to glorify God in all things! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious, Angie. Last night Buster and I were talking, and I said that I wished I had more of his, and Rebekah's aggressiveness. He said that he wished he had it with a little more patience and compassion, so that it would be metered out a little more and he could be less emotional about things, that maybe then he could get his point across without sounding so aggressive. We all have our downfalls. I often have to remember Psalm 19:14, "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."
    G

    ReplyDelete