Sunday, January 8, 2012

Okay, Enough

mmmm hmmmm


--PG- rated video...lil bit of profanity--



     Okay, we all know people who like to hear themselves talk.  I love the scene in the movie, Planes Trains and Automobiles, when Steve Martin tells John Candy that he's like a Chatty Cathy doll that would pull his own string..haha.  Some people like to include every, and I mean every, detail with you in the story they're sharing and sometimes forget the point to the whole story. 
     Well it kind of made me feel better when I read my daily Bible reading yesterday. God doesn't want us to ramble on either, in prayer.  Matthew 6;7-8 '' And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.''  God cares more about what your heart is petitioning for than the words you use to ask for it with. If you try to use big 3 dollar words to impress whoever is listening to your prayer out loud then you should know that your thoughts are off track with your heart's prayer.  God just wants to hear from us.  There is no 500 word minimum that He requires, like your English professor.
     I'm a pretty much a matter of fact kind of gal, so if I start to ramble, tell me 'GET TO THE POINT.'

1 comment: