Monday, October 10, 2011

Which Direction?




Psalm 16:11  You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


     Where are we going in our lives? Is it filled with purpose or just getting by? So many people are unhappy in where they are in life. Why? Often its a self-centered life focused on the here and now with no thought of eternity. As Suess says, you've been given the brains and feet to go and be whatever you want in life but it takes your efforts, drive and direction to get there. People often want the perks without the works. You can squeak by doing the bare minimum but don't expect maximum results from it.
     God has a chosen path for you and if you choose that path, the joy will be like a cup that runneth over. If you choose the path of wickedness, you will reap what you sow and never have joy. The direction you choose will lead to happiness or destruction. Its really not a hard choice, is it?

Psalm 17:5  My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled.

2 comments:

  1. Psalm 16:11 is one of my favorite verses, almost a life verse for me. But I've never linked it with Dr. Seuss! Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that verse on my wall in the living room!

    ReplyDelete