Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Get Out There



“It is not good for the man to be alone” (Gen. 2:18).


     It is so easy now to do so much from the comfort of our own homes. We can shop, order food, visit with friends thru email or social networking, watch movies, and even work from home. We could easily isolate ourselves and rarely get out into the actual world.. Would that be good for us though? No, of course not. We are made to be social beings. We are to have fellowship with one another both to encourage and rebuke. 1 John 1:7 ''But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.''  Isolation can lead to lonliness, depression and an unhealthy attitude of self-reliance.
     We need each other, thats all there is to it. Go on, get out there and socialize. Remember the home-bound too, they especially need your company.

3 comments:

  1. Your post today is soooo goood and soooo true. I have a friend who loves to shop online and I am going to send this to her. She actually got out today with her husband and son, and I surely hope she got dressed first, LOL!!!

    Thanks so much for all your encouragement. Your blogs are now a big part of my daily activities!!

    Love you and feel better soon.....Twylia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now that's funny! I'm so glad after reading this that I visited a homebound friend last night! I wish I was't allergic to kitties. :( Lunch date sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I've retired, I really have to watch this! thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete