Saturday, October 23, 2021

Speak Life


 

Proverbs 16:24

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 12:18

The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
Psalm 19:14

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

      Our words matter, more than we realize.  What we say to others and to ourselves can make a difference.  Words can uplift or tear down, so we must use them wisely.  Words can entangle our thoughts, where we replay them over and over.  It is better to turn to God's word and defeat Satan's ploy to try to beat us down and destroy us.  May we always be mindful of the words being circulated throughout our own worlds, by our mouths or our minds.  Seek to inspire!!

      "Many things are pleasant that are not profitable, but these pleasant words are health to the bones, to the inward man, as well as sweet to the soul. They make the bones, which sin has broken and put out of joint, to rejoice. The bones are the strength of the body; and the good word of God is a means of spiritual strength, curing the diseases that weaken us."  [M.Henry]

       As for myself, I've recently been dealing with uncertainty about my health.  The lack of encouraging words from others made my own thoughts even darker.  The words I told myself went in a downward spiral.  What I did cling to were God's promises..He will never forsake me and that He is working out all things for my good because I believe in Him.  My words to myself were based on fear and impatience, not truth.  Finally, this week I got the good news of my test results.  I was reminded again of Matthew 6:27  "Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?"  The unknown is a pit that we fall in that really tests our trust in the Lord.  God's word is what speaks life into my soul to uplift it, like no other words can. So, when you're feeling ucertain turn to His word that never fails.



1 comment: