Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Faith Over Fear






Proverbs 14:15 "The simple believe anything, but the prudent give thought to their steps."

Proverbs 15:22  "Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed."

Proverbs 19:21  "Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails."

Proverbs 14:26   "In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence." 


       Today's blog stems from Proverbs 19:21.  Many of us have a plan for our lives from a young age, but as we know that's not always how it goes.  If we seek godly advice and listen to God's nudging voice, we can fulfill both our desires and God's purposes in our lives.

       "Our way is the path of human wisdom and self-reliance. It leads to frustration and emptiness. God’s way involves trusting Him, obeying Him, and depending on Him. It leads to satisfaction and joy—in part on earth but fully in heaven. Each day let’s choose to live God’s way."  [odb.org]

       Matthew 10:28  “Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell” 

       "This verse dissolves fear and gives courage to those who accept it. Deep in their hearts they realize that even if the Lord allows the enemy to destroy their physical life they will lose only what is keeping them from enjoying the presence of their Savior in heaven." M.Henry]  

       We must trust in God's sovereignty, even when things don't turn out as one might have  envisioned.  Whatever your dreaming for, believing for, and hoping for, I pray you keep trusting, hoping and believing in God's plan and acknowledge that it's not about you and your perfect plan, but it's up to God and His purpose will prevail.

       As for myself, my plan from 10th grade was to be a pharmacist.  Well a dilemma came up, when my plans after 2 years of college included marriage.  There was no pharmacy school where I was moving to. I changed my plans/major to microbiology and my future plans went in the right direction towards a job I could actually do.  My fears of Chicago winter weather, failure to finish, and my physical challenges didn't deter my goals for myself.  God saw me and blessed me greatly for my will and His.

3 Things to Remember To Go From Fear to Faith in Your Goals

1] Let go of your comfort
2] Accept that failure happens to everyone
3] Remember God's goodness and sovereignty

Fear God and you will have nothing else to fear.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Angie...Seems that a lot of life is learning to let go of our plans and rejoice in God's plans for us!!

    Love ya!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Angie! Faith Over Fear is what I have been focusing on now.....knowing that God is in control and He has the plan for each of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughtful blog, Angie. BE STILL and KNOW THAT I AM GOD, and I have a plan for you. Quit all the busy work and trust in the Lord, He is in control. WOW, that is really hard for us humans to do. Love You...Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great blog. I loved this “Fear God and you have nothing else to fear”. His plans are always the best for us; no matter what we had planned. He is out stronghold and will see us through the difficult times if we trust Him. He is the one person we can completely trust.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete