Monday, January 28, 2019

Call On God, He Is For You






2 Chronicles 7:14-15  "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. "




         People often refer to God as 'the big guy in the sky' or as some far off deity.   That irreverent label comes not only from a lack of knowledge, but also from a lack of a personal relationship with God.
         We often fail to recognize and acknowledge how involved God is in our lives.  I am doing a bible study on 'The Verbs of God" by Margaret Feinberg.  She points out the many active ways God is working in and through us for His will and glory.  "God answers, blesses, cares, cleanses, delivers, disciplines, encourages, forgives, guides, heals, hears, increases, listens, loves, opens, pours, protects, rejoices, remembers, rescues, restores, satisfies, saves, strengthens, teaches, upholds, watches, works" and more on our behalf.  When you read over these verbs, are you not reminded of His goodness and faithfulness in your own life?
         Sometimes we feel so alone, that we doubt that God even cares, but He does!  God became flesh through Jesus Christ and felt all the sufferings of this world, just as we do.  In our troubles, we often focus on the problem instead of looking to God first.  "Oh God I need you. Every hour I need you.  My one defense, my righteousness.  Oh God, how I need you."  We often pour our energy and thoughts into getting out of our circumstance, rather than through it with His help.
       Psalm 34:4-7   "I sought the Lord, and he answered me;  he delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them."
       God calls us to not only have a personal bond with Him, but also for us to be a reflection of Him to the world around us.  How can others want to know your God, if they don't see Him living in you?  "Jesus Master, I would be More and more made like to Thee."
      Psalm 40:17  " The Lord thinketh upon me. The Lord will take care of me."  Is that not enough for us in any trial we face?  Whenever we are hurt, anxious, fearful, or suffering...let this verse be your first thought.   Call on the name of Jesus.. what a beautiful, wonderful and powerful name it is!





       

4 comments:

  1. Love this! We are never alone with Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once heard someone say, "Our glance must be on our problem; our gaze must be on God." I often forget in the midst of a situation that God has His best in mind for us, whatever the result of our prayer. Thy will be done. Thank you for this great reminder of God's faithfulness. I always need to hear what you have to say, sweet sister. Love, love, love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie,

    Good blog; good points made. I especially like that you pointed out that God not only calls us to have a personal bond with Him, but also be a reflection of Him to the world. If we have accepted Jesus as our personal Savior, pray to Him, want to honor and please God and study His word to know His promises , commands, etc. then we will be that kind of reflection to the world I think. We are never to be ashamed of speaking up for who He is, what we believe, etc.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that personal bond with the Lord is what allows you to be a light to others. Keep looking to Him Angie!!

    ReplyDelete