Sunday, December 10, 2017

God Listens and Speaks



Psalm 40:5  "Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare."




"Word Of God Speak"

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

[CHORUS]
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness 
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice

[REPEAT CHORUS 2x]

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay



          More than ever lately, I have been asking God to speak to me.  Lead me, Lord and guide me in which way to go.  Now when one asks such a request, you must be willing to open your eyes and ears to His voice.  Studying Scripture is the best way to learn how to apply it to your own life.  The Bible is full of testimonies that are directly related to whatever each of us is going through in some aspect.
           Some people don't want to hear what God has to say because it is convicting and they have yet to surrender themselves to become a part of God's family.  John 8:47  "Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”  John 10:27-28  "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand."  As a believer, these words comfort me and I know when I read verses like these that God is encouraging me at that very moment.
          "Most of us won’t hear Jesus speak in an audible voice. But He communicates with us through nudges. Thoughts that we know we’re not smart or wise enough to have on our own. Mental pictures or whispers, and stirring in our hearts that connects something we’re going through with the truth of His word. That’s God speaking."
         Romans 8:38-39 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  As the C.S. Lewis caption above says, God is speaking to us in different tones and in different circumstances.  He will not ever quit speaking out of love to correct, encourage and comfort us.  
         "The love that exists between God and true believers is through Christ. He is the Mediator of our love: it is in and through him that God can love us and that we dare love God. This is the ground of the steadfastness of the love; therefore God rests in his love, because Jesus Christ, in whom he loves us, is the same yesterday, to-day, and for ever." [M.Henry]  
         "God has communicated in various ways throughout history (Heb. 1:1). One way God speaks today is through our conscience (Rom. 2:14–16). Our conscience is like a moral monitor. An important way we discern whether a spiritual communication has God as its source is to ask: Does the message agree with the Bible, God's written Word? If it does not align with God’s previously revealed truth, then we cannot put our stamp of approval on it." [odb.org]
          As for myself, I've been seeking and listening for God to direct my path.  Through Bible reading and devotionals, I have definitely heard the Word of God speak to my heart, mind and soul. I've been reassured of His presence with me always, His sufficient grace to carry me through all things, His mercy to watch out and work for my good and His love that is all powerful.
        May God's voice be louder than anything around you and that you will listen.

God speaks through His Word when we take time to listen. [odb.org]

3 comments:

  1. Yes Lord: speak and let us have ears to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we should be still and listen and know that He is God.
    Very good blog. Love you Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie,

    Another truly amazing blog that should be meaningful to anyone who reads it and wants to hear from God. We have to put oneself aside and let Him be in charge in order to hear and know how God is directing. You have so much wisdom in this blog.

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete