Thursday, September 14, 2017

A Full Life







John 10:10  "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."




        What a verse that describes 'evil versus good' so well.  The motives and agendas of both forces are clear and straightforward.  Who's side do you want to be on and fight for?  Both Satan and God want you to be a part of their armies, but it is a choice only you can make for yourself.  You will stand alone on your Judgement Day and answer for the decision you made in your lifetime.
       "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy."  Satan has only evil intentions and destruction as his goal for us. He seeks to deceive our souls, therefore murdering our very souls.   Satan's helpers in this world strive to keep scripture from the lost or alter it to their advantage.  Although Deuteronomy 12:31-32 says "You must not worship the Lord your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the Lord hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.  See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it."  Satan schemes to steal our joy, kill our heart's desires for righteousness, and destroy our hopes of any thought of eternal life with Jesus.  Satan aims to persecute those who stand strong in their faith despite the opposition to drive or carry them off from their godly beliefs.
      "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."  God only wants the best, His best, for us and therefore sent His Son to save us from the fall of mankind.  Jesus came to give us a life that might be justified, sanctified, and one day glorified.  God wants for us "a life more abundant than that which was lost and forfeited by sin, more abundant than that which was promised by the law of Moses, length of days in Canaan, more abundant than could have been expected or than we are able to ask or think.  Life in abundance is eternal life, life without death or fear of death, life and much more."[M.Henry]  It was the will of God to give his life to purchase his chosen, pay for our sin debt, and cleanse us of that sin with his blood.  1 John 3:16  "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us." John 15:13  "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."
      As for myself, I am a friend of God and I am in the Lord's army.  I want my blog and my life to be a testimony that causes people to want a faith that is God-centered and God-driven.  I love that God not just gives me life but that it is blessed abundantly, when I live as He intended.  The world makes promises of fulfillment, but only disappointment follows.  My life has physical struggles but I am blessed with so many fun, crazy adventures that obstacles are just opportunities for God to shine.  Fear not, for God is with me!  I can only imagine how awesome eternity will be!

Ephesians 6:12  "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Psalm 91:9-16
"If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.  You will tread on the lion and the cobra;    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.  “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.  He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble,  I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.


     Life is short and tomorrow is not promised, so reject the dark side and it's spiritual deception.  Instead, embrace the Light of Jesus and experience the fullness of life--as He intended.  May a relationship and eternal life with God be your life's mission.

3 comments:

  1. I am blessed with so many fun, crazy adventures that obstacles are just opportunities for God to shine. I just love your attitude, and your confidence in Jesus, you are truly His child. Love you ...Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,
    Good blog; filled with the truth. God has promised so much for those who love Him; but He has also promised destruction for those who ignore His word and don’t heed the Bible. Many believe just because they say God is good , or say “I know God” , that they will go to heaven—but if they can’t give God any of “their” time, then I believe, they are the ones that at judgement God will say “depart from me, I never knew you”.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie,
    "The world makes promises of fulfillment, but only disappointment follows." I think what the Lord is teaching me right now is to lean into Him, that all of us can seek after things that we feel the Lord has withheld from us. I know intellectually that He seeks out hearts, and not so much our earthly success or happiness, but absorbing that and embracing it has been very difficult for me. Through different circumstances I think He is gradually helping me to trust that His way is the best way, even when I don't feel good about it in the moment. Thanks for another great post! Love you!

    ReplyDelete