Sunday, April 2, 2017

Depend, Trust and Provided For




Psalm 37:28  "For the Lord loves the just
    and will not forsake his faithful ones.
Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed;
    the offspring of the wicked will perish."

Isaiah 66:1-2 This is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word”

       'Dependence' is often thought of as a weakness with negative aspects.  Whereas, 'Self reliance' is thought of in terms of strength and power.  These are both human ideas, but God thinks of them in just the opposite manner for us.  He wants us to depend on Him for all things and recognize that humbly before Him.  Tell me how much you depend on Him alone in your life, not yourself, and the strength of your faith will be revealed.
        If we don't recognize our dependence on God for everything, then we can come before Him not with a bold request, but in an arrogant manner.  "It is the certain knowledge that we may stand in the presence of God unafraid because we rest and rely on Jesus and His righteousness alone. God-pleasing boldness flows from absolute dependence on Christ."  "The Lord has a positive regard only for those who acknowledge their sin, seek forgiveness in humility, and depend on His grace alone and not anything in or from themselves."
       True dependence requires trust.  You have to believe whole-heartily that God has got 'whatever' you're needing covered.  We should all remember His record of faithfulness to each of  us and therefore trust Him more each day.  As Job recalled, "You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your providence watched over my spirit."
        As for myself, I've been there and doubted God's provisions for me and that is a scary place to be.  It is so much easier to just let the fear of the unknown go and trust that He has already made a way for whatever is around the corner because He is already there.  He has worked things out so far ahead and thus there is the Book of Revelation...and it's a good endng.  So it's true in my own life, He has everything worked out for what lies ahead of me.  My reliance is on Him for everything and He provides it all, including my salvation...and one day... I've got a good ending too of glorification.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the encouragement, Angie. I am in a waiting game right now, waiting to know what God wants in a situation, trusting Him for the outcome, choosing to believe beyond my fearful self that He will do for me what is right and good. I need all the encouragement I can get! (G.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your Love for Jesus with the world, it is an encouragement to all. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful for your trust and reliance on Him. He will not fail you; where others will. I wouldn’t mind if the rapture was today. Good and truthful blog.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete