Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Patience





               Let me begin with a little squirrel talk.  Our dog, Jack, loves to chase squirrels and yet has never caught one.  He never loses his love for the chase but I wonder if he gets frustrated with himself?
              I think we can often recognize when we lose our patience with others, but do we see the extra needed patience with ourselves?  Someday, I want to just run out the door on a moment's notice without a checklist of health issues.  If I am impatient with myself, it usually comes back to bite me.  Like if I ignore a cough before going somewhere, it'll get worse and cause me to leave early.  Patience with myself has been learned, but yet never mastered.  Waiting is better than rushing, or so I have found.
             I am overwhelmed by God's patience with me.  I think we should be understanding with our flaws and imperfections within us because God is.

6 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful blog and truly from the heart, I can tell. Yes, indeed it is easier to spot impatience in others than to see it in ourselves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wisdom and your ability to bring truth out of daily obstacles. You are pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed this today. Thank you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks like a patient squirrel to me. So cute. I needed to hear this about patience myself. God bless you and all you go through with such a great attitude and thankfullness to our Lord.
    Love ya dear lady!!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is patient, God is good all the time, far better than we deserve. Good blog, Love you............Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someday I hope to see all the stars in your crown
    Aunt Lou

    ReplyDelete