Sunday, September 7, 2014

Unstoppable

Romans 8:28



         I watched the movie/documentary, Unstoppable, last night.  The theme is about our lives being part of God's greater plan, even when we don't understand.  Tragedy happens, without discrimination.  'All things work for good for those that believe in Jesus Christ.'  It doesn't say 'if you're good, you'll only get good.' We all experience trials and we may never see the benefits in this life, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.  God promises they do.
         My own life has been an example of this.  The last three times I have been in the hospital, I have come out with a machine or medicine that I could not live without.  I didn't know the outcome during the trial's experience on me, but I did have His Word hidden in my heart that enabled me to trust.
         God's plans and purposes are unstoppable.... what a blessing for us.

3 comments:

  1. This is so true, all things work for our good if we believe in Jesus Christ.
    I wonder if HE is looking down on us as we might look at our young children and laugh at us as we try to do things on our own and HE know that we are going to fail, get frustrated or succeed. Love you.......... Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Unstoppable" should be the title of a movie of your life! Thanks for persevering, you've encouraged all of us. Joel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. There are times when a quiet still truth, gently spoken, shakes the foundations of cynicism greater than all the thunderous shouting of impassioned rhetoric. This is one of those times. Brava, well said. Even better lived.

    ReplyDelete