Thursday, July 31, 2014

Listen Better

Want to become a better listener? These tips will help.



           Are you hearing or are you listening? There is a difference.  Less talk and more listening leads to more effective communication.  Yadda, yadda, yadda is often what we hear but if we actually listened, we'd be better suited to respond.  Distractions from our own thoughts is probably the biggest deterrent to listening.
          How well do you listen to God's voice?  Is your agenda more important than His?  Is the world louder than His whispers to you?
         May we not just be hearers but doers of the Word and that begins with being better listeners.

2 comments:

  1. I like what you told me the other day -- "I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you". Perhaps if I listen better I can understand it for myself.. We need to listen more....Love You .....Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It requires effort. Most don't want to exert any.
    debra d.

    ReplyDelete