Friday, January 24, 2014

He's There





    Most people can call out for help or go get someone if needed.  I use a doorbell that can be heard throughout the house to call for assistance.  Yes, I'm pretty diligent about making sure it is with me.  Sometimes even when I know the buzzer is on my chest, I reach to touch it to reassure myself that it is there with me.
   I think our prayer life can also provide that reassurance to our lives.  Of course God is always with us but talking with Him is a way to touch base with Him.  'Prayer is the bridge between panic and peace.'  When you feel scared or overwhelmed, doesn't it help to know you're not alone.
   My buzzer is my alarm system but God is my security system.  God doesn't want to just be on-call for you in the panic moments, He wants to be your ever-present Guide, Protector and Savior.

3 comments:

  1. Today was a real down day for me for some reason (really unknown to me.) But even during down times, which we all tend to have now and then, it is a joy to know that our "security system," provided us by the Lord Jesus Is available at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pastor told us recently, "God didn't promise us safety; He promised us security." What a wonderful promise! So thankful I have Him to be secure in. We need Him at all times! Much love, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to have the security of God's promises as His child. We are all created by Him but we are not his children until we come to know Him and accept Him as our Savior and guide. Mom

    ReplyDelete