Monday, March 11, 2013

The Circle of Life


Probably!


   The circle of life is often not pleasant and a harsh lesson in humility.  We think 'that' won't happen to me but time is the true revealer.  I've heard two stories recently about caregivers dealing with moments that were far from comfortable.  So, I thought I'd give a few humbling points.

   1.  Your body is just like everybody else's, it's your pride that makes you think you're different.
   2.  Whatever has been an embarrassing moment has happened to someone else before you.
   3.  Learn from your experiences and next time it will be better.
   4.  Pride is concerned with who is right, Humility is concerned with what is right.
   5.  Humility is a fertile soil that grows spiritual fruit.
   6.  Being kind is often better than being right when helping others.

   Humility is a tricky thing, just when you think you've got it is right when you lost it.  Be nice and full of mercy when helping others, you never know when you'll be on the receiving end.

4 comments:

  1. Your caption is real encouraging, I have just a few years left, and I am already loosing my teeth and hair. Gotta go to bathroom NOW, love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I urge you, therefore, brothers, by the mercy of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Rom. 12:1-2

      It's just what we do with it that counts. Thanks for the reminder about humility. I need that often.

      Delete
  3. I hadn't thought of it in this way. But it's true. Our bodies are pretty much the same in that one way or the other, they will wear out and even before that, from time to time, they will humble us :) I tend to think of everyone else as a fashion model and see myself as the only one who can trip UP stairs from time to time... Ha! Somehow it makes me feel better to know that everyone else has the same capability... ;) I don't think that was the point of your blog but I'm lacking in spiritual discernment this week, for sure...

    ReplyDelete