Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Do It Right

?



      Doing things the right way is God's way.  Some people want to take all the shortcuts and just get whatever it is done.  Will it matter?  Will anyone really notice?  These are the questions Satan puts in our thoughts to deceive us into doing things wrong.  God says 'do everything as of unto the Lord, not man'.  I think we all know from experience that doing something over takes way longer than if we did it right to begin with.
       Do we demand of ourselves what we expect from others?  Our example to others will be followed and they will not just choose from our good side either.   Matthew 7:2  ''For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.''  
      May we all do what is right, not what is easy.  It's often a fork in our road, so may we always choose the right path to follow.

5 comments:

  1. Ouch! My mother always used the old adage,"If something's worth doing, it's worth doing well." She said that when she first started working at JCPenney--many, many years ago--she was standing around and asked the boss if there was anything she could do. He said, "Just do something!" She never forgot that and stayed busy and productive for over 90 years. May our lives and our activities COUNT. Great word of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a truth that is relatively easy understand if you have any pride in the things that you do. If you do it right then there are no excuses to be made, do it wrong and do it over. Good blog. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess this means I need to quit sweeping the trash out the back door and just dusting the things in the living room where people are likely to see... You write some tough blogs, Angie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad always said, "If you're gonna do it, do it right the first time." I clearly remember having to go back over areas I had already dusted because they weren't done "right!" I tell my kids the same thing today. It's worth repeating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Gloria and Charity, I grew up listening to, "If you're going to to do something, do it right." I tried to learn from my parents' wisdom and teaching. I realize now what a wonderful heritage I have....I did not know so much then, but like the Brad Paisley song says, "I do now". And I have tried to pass that teaching on to my kids too. Love your blog today....so true....if you don't have time to do it the first time, how in the world will you have time to do it over?! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete