Monday, June 10, 2013

Be You





    How comfortable are you with yourself and how God made you?  There is probably something about each of us that we'd like to change and some of us may even have a list.  That's okay but does it control you?  Let's face it, the twenty year old body we once had was never intended to last a lifetime.  Diane Keaton often wears gloves because our hands are often one of the first areas that shows the signs of aging.  What are you hiding and who are you trying to please?
    I asked myself that question in Kohl's on Saturday.  I saw the cutest white and blue shirt that tied in front on a mannequin. I loved it but it was sleeveless.  I don't wear sleeveless because I don't think I have the arms for it.  Are my arms any different under a long sleeved shirt?  No, they are what they are.  So after a 5 minute debate, we stripped the mannequin and I bought the shirt.
    At what age do we start to care more about what others think than what we want?  I'm still a work in progress on this subject because I haven't worn shorts in several years but I did turn a few heads with my recent blue nail polish.
    Be you, because there's not another anywhere in this world.

5 comments:

  1. I love that you "stripped the mannequin." That is so great! Good reminder...God made us to be who we are in Him...not somebody else!

    Love you,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'll be me, but do I have to bare my fluffy, flabby arms? I'm not sure I'm there yet. But, hey, I just told everyone about them. Is that good enough? :o) Seriously, it's a great reminder for all of us that true beauty is God's design, not ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can testify that every 10 years you go through this same thought process. Now that I'm 75, I'm still having to adjust to changes in my body as I age. Staying home as a shut-in is not an option.
    grace m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sleeveless shirts ring a bell. I don't particularly like them, because my arms are no longer "sleeveless shirt arms". Plus, my shoulder pads (because I have no shoulders) would look really funny sticking out all by themselves with nothing to "hide" them. However, I have decided that it is already hot enough this summer to let vanity take a backseat to comfort and have sported a few sleeveless shirts. Wow, being cool is so cool!! Besides, if everything else is old, why try to make the arms look young?!! Love you, my friend...T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! And love you! Can't wait to see your new shirt. And, boy does this hit home. I think there are always areas we tend to obsess over and be insecure about. But the reality is, other people probably never even notice.

    ReplyDelete