Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A Little Sun

Photo


   Being cooped up for the eleventh day from being sick calls for a little step out into the sun.  We went out to soak up a few rays of vitamin D and injest some vitamin C with peach popsicles.  Yes, Jack helped me finish mine off.  It doesn't beat Blue Bell for him, but it still cools him off.
   Today was a day of inquisition from a caseworker with probing health questions.  You need to have a strong constitution of knowing who you are beyond your body's abilities.  My strength is in my soul, not in this vessel of a body.  The attitude in which we respond to our weaknesses will reveal where true strength exists or is lacking.  Questions like 'am I violent?' or 'throw things?'  just make me laugh.  If I did throw the remote, I'd still want it brought back to me and that might just prove to be a little difficult...ha.
   Whatever your dealing with, there is a spot of sunshine to be found but you must do the looking. Misery 'is' what you make of it.  You can wallow in it, swallow it, or spit it out.  My trials will not last and one day will even cease to exist...now there's faith, hope, and love.


Misery is optional. #NOQUITMONDAY

7 comments:

  1. You amaze me in your ability to separate your eternal soul from your earthly body, an to recognize your trials are only temporary, you have focused on heaven. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inquisitive caseworker part made me laugh....please let me know if you plan to be violent in the future;-) Hope you fully mend soon. Nice to see pictures of you in the sun. Love ya,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, the little saying may have to go on a plaque and be given to someone I love dearly who is going through her own version of trials right now. If only we could all catch that glimpse of heaven, each and every morning, and keep it through the day. Praise God for the strength to look trials in the face and see heaven in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good Angie! How true! today was the end of cycle form to fill out at the physiotherapy center also.! Some of the questions they ask really makes you laugh!
    Have a good day. Love
    Ferdine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you outside for a bit. Sooo... you are a potentially dangerous character???
    I think not... :)
    LY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angie, So sorry you have been sick. Don and I planted the garden day before yesterday so I got an ample amount of the vitamin D but would have rather been eating the peach popsicles. Hope you are feeling better. I go this morning for MRIs on my shoulder and neck from the fall I took last month. I also have a fever blister the size of Mt. Everest! This is the third day for this one and I attribute it to a lip liner pencil I used and I have gotten fever blister every time I use one with wood casing. Oh well this too shall pass. Love you Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love the little saying! You know, though, that sayings are one of my "things"...and through your blog you have shared some great ones. Pray you are feeling much better by now...soak up that sunshine, girl, and keep on being a bright light! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete