Friday, April 12, 2013

The Winds of Life

Hang on and Believe


     Big winds have never been my friend.  I've been blown over once in Rochester, MN.  I also remember my UCA days and maneuvering myself down the sidewalk behind the science building.  It was kind of sloped and my heavy backpack helped to keep my balance but I stopped in my tracks when the wind blew.  It was just enough to tip me over.  It never did knock me down because I held on tight and believed I could make it.
     Change is not my friend either.  I like the patterns and routines in my life.  New people, new ideas, new routines do not come in easily into my life but transition in.
     So to say that big winds of change are not my friend is an understatement.  I cannot nor do I face them alone.  I believe God is always with me and I hold tight to His promises.  'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'  There have been times when we've all just assumed to have been swept away by those winds of life but I believe God will finish the work He began in us.
     It's a common reaction to lower our heads when facing a strong wind in our face so maybe we should also bow our heads and pray when the winds of life hit us as well.

5 comments:

  1. Makes me think of the old favorite of many, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all you ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6. (Even the windy paths!) Good reminder to trust Him in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said [again]. I read these every day but usually don't comment. I love this one. Have a great day.
    debra d.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, What a great one! I don’t take change well either and patience is definitely not one of my virtues. Just the little experience I have had with this illness is testing what little patience I do have. But who am I to complain since I have nothing compared to so many. I have truly been blessed and I do know God has been very good to me. Love you dearly. Aunt Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that He finishes what He starts in us...because if it were up to me...I would have given up long ago. Thanks for the reminder of His faithfulness. Love you,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great analogy of bowing to the wind and bowing to God. Today's Jesus calling states, "Trust Me, and don't be afraid. Many things feel out of control. Your routines are not running smoothly. You tend to feel more secure when your life is predictable. Let Me lead you to the rock that is higher than you and your circumstances. Take refuge in the shelter of My wings, where you are absolutely secure." Love that we can take refuge in the shelter of His wings! And love you, T.

    ReplyDelete