Saturday, March 16, 2013

Not on the Go


surrender


   Yes, I need these kind of days every so often.  I don't want four weeks in a row of it but just occasionally.  I think it's good for you.  Spending quiet time reading my devotionals this morning gives me time to think and listen to God's whispers to me.  I've also spent time this morning just laughing to myself at all the funny captions I've found on the pinterest website.  Some I will share with you on future blog posts and some just personally hit my funny bone.
    Yes, I know it's a pretty, sun shiny day but I'm not one to be on the go all the time.  I've been there, done that and my body and soul have felt the after-shocks.  I guess I'm kind of like my computer battery, I work better with a regular recharge than to burn out all that I have saved up.
    Psalm 62: 1-2 ''Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.''

3 comments:

  1. I love days to rest both physically and to rest in God's love and care for me. Sometimes we feel like we have to be always doing, going, moving...and then we get burnt out. Rest is so important! Love you and thinking about you on this rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that comment was from betsy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love days of rest....and mine are not always on Sunday! One of my girlfriends takes a "sweet little nap" almost every day. I totally agree...they are sweet sometimes! I am like you....don't want to "laze" around every day, but every once in a while, it really does recharge our battery! Glad my role model is okay with that! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete