Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Look











      This is what I envision for Saturday mornings.  No rush, a nap on the couch and food at my fingertips.  Is it laziness or just relaxing?
      We must be cautious not to make it habit forming.  We can get too comfortable at staying at home and not fellowship with others.  We think 'oh they won't miss me' but your presence is a witness itself.  One of my favorite songs starts out 'there's a quiet understanding when we're gathered in the Spirit.'  It is important for believers to get together and share how God has been working in their lives.
     It is rare that you'll regret something you did attend but more often you'll regret you didn't go.  I can guarantee you, life doesn't wait for anyone.  So get involved or get left behind.

5 comments:

  1. It's true. BTW... used to wear those curlers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Sometimes when my heart is not in going somewhere (simply because of the energy it requires or circumstances have got me down) and I go anyway, God blesses me more than something I look forward to for weeks. This looks more like me on a lazy afternoon....mornings I am okay, but LOVE those afternoon naps! And love you, dear friend, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you write this for me?? ;) I think I'm turning into a hermit in my old age (and with each child added to our numbers). But, really, I'm going to church this morning...don't be too worried about me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, I love this one. Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We enjoyed being at my sister's church today. Good music, great teaching of the Word, and even a good meal after church. Nice people with a common love for the Lord. What better way to spend a day! Yes, too much relaxation can cause one to be lazy and forget what's important. But I do have to say that I am enjoying a change of pace. Missing you!

    ReplyDelete