Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Neglect
















     Okay, so I don't have a green thumb.  I like flowers and plants but I don't give them the daily attention they probably need.  I just know they are there then suddenly I'll notice a wilted, droopy look.  When did it last get watered...hmm, if I can't remember then it's probably past time.
     We often get busy in our own lives and neglect things and people.  ''I've just been too busy to ....''  If you're too busy to read your Bible daily, then you're busier than God intended you to be.  When we do this, we are neglecting ourselves of the soul's nourishment.  Your droopiness will appear in your attitude and fellowship.  We also get self absorbed and neglect those we should be helping or staying in touch with.  Whether near or far, it is important to maintain relationships with those we care about.  Facebook helps me stay connected with friends but even so I find myself being neglectful with them.
      Aren't you glad God is never neglectful?  'I will never forsake you.'  He cares for us in so many ways we don't even recognize.  He is the fountain from which all blessings flow.

5 comments:

  1. Guilty on all counts.. and, yes, I am glad that God is never neglectful. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned throughout life that we always find time to do what we really want to do....depends on what our priorities are. Do we crave the word or do we crave the world? Unfortunately I have been in both places at one time or another. However, the word is what fulfills us and gives us lasting peace....nothing in the world can do that. I pray my priorities are in a much better place than they have been at times in the past. Thank you for this great post, Angie....now I have read my Bible, encouraged some friends, and I must go water my plants, LOL!! Love you, sweet friend.....T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I'll go visit my neighbor and plant and water the pansies! You always know where to find me, don't you? Seriously, how often we are slack in the things we should do. I love the analogy, and I thank God for your faithfulness to keep us all on our toes--or step on them, whatever the need may be. God has blessed you with a special ministry; keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm....I think you've just diagnosed my problem:-) Thanks for the reminder Angie!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Angie, you've gone to meddling! Seriously, your blog hit me right between the eyes. Work has been dominating my life these past weeks, as you can tell by my lack of communication. Thanks for a word "in season". Have a great day, and thanks again for this gentle reminder. Joel

    ReplyDelete