Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Way Back Wednesday--- Taking It With You



















   
    A question often asked is 'if the house was on fire, what would you take?'  Well this is me at age 4, falling asleep with my do not forget box of cornflakes as I wait to go camping.  My thoughts were probably, 'I don't know where we are going but I will have something that I like to eat with me.'  At this age, I could fall asleep anywhere so a pillow or blanket was of no concern but food was high priority.
    Do you have prized possessions here on earth?  Is your wealth stored up without sharing it with those in need?  Whatever you have cannot be taken with you to heaven.  We can hold onto it tight but that does not lead to righteousness.  We are to share what we are blessed with and then we will be blessed as well.
   At age 4, I didn't know that God provides food for the sparrows and cares for me even more.  How little of the big picture do we see, when we try to take care of our needs ourselves.  Really, how long could a box of cereal last?
   So what should you pack for heaven?  A soul that loves God with all your heart and mind... that's enough.

8 comments:

  1. This blog reminds me of Gray and his blanket. It was given to him when he was a baby and he sleeps with it still. It has been on every trip he ever made, and he would probably grab it today if his house were on fire. (Of course, he would also be embarrassed if he knew I was telling you this!) I have too much junk to try to narrow it down to take anything with me when I leave this world. I will enjoy it and share it while I am here, knowing it is only temporary and there are far greater treasures stored up for me in heaven. My soul is ready and my reservation is made...whenever He is ready for me....love you, my friend...and remember, I'm hoping your mansion is next to mine. T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, especially the last sentence. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably grab pictures if the house was on fire. I absolutely love this picture of you--one of my most favorite ones. I can still remember this--you were so cute there with your cereal while we were packing. Well if Twylia is in a house beside you in heaveb, I want to be on the other side and I'm sure your Dad wants to be on one side too. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a ten by fifty moble home where we lived when you were born and where this picture was taken, to a mansion waiting for you in heaven with Jesus, you have come a long way baby.
    Love you and this is a great picture of you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, we're going to have a hard time sharing those spots beside you! Maybe there's communal living in heaven. I'm sure that the song is right when it says, "and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, girl you pack a mean punch. Right to the point. Great! Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good Angie! Really enjoyed this (and the picture too!)
    Love
    Ferdine


    ReplyDelete