Saturday, September 15, 2012

Tangents



I always love to see where an idea will take me ..



     I've had people ask me how I come up with topics to post a blog about.  I look and listen for things that somehow strike a chord with me.  Sometimes the subject comes easily and I write it in my head the night before.  Other times I struggle to come up with just something basic.  I do love it tho when my idea goes off on a positive tangent that had never entered my mind in the beginning.
     Tangents are often associated with negativity.  To define a tangent is a sudden digression or change of course.  Our sinful nature can twist an idea into more of what we desire than what is right.  Then we ask, 'how did I end up in this mess?'  Life is full of tangents that want to steer us in the wrong direction.  We must stick to the faith-paved path and not be led astray.

     Matthew 7; 13-14  ''Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.''

4 comments:

  1. Life is full of tangents, it is important to stay the course on important matters, ignore the small stuff. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are cautioned in the Scriptures not to be swayed by every wind of doctrine. It seems that all too many times we are just blown about, accepting whatever comes our way. What a disgrace! Thank you, Angie, for always encouraging us to be stable and on the narrow path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess this is why we are to "guard our hearts with all diligence" since our thoughts so easily get off onto tangents that have no value. Thanks for the reminder.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I add to those comments above? Not much. I pray I will stay on the narrow path and not be swayed off course. Love you, Angie.....T.

    ReplyDelete