Monday, September 24, 2012

On the Road to......















 
    My parents have had their trike for 2 years now and Saturday I decided I was ready for a ride.  I had never even been on it before.  Well it didn't take more than just getting on it to know this wasn't for me.  It just wasn't comfortable to me.  So my ride ended before it began.
     Is your path directed by God or are you stuck in one spot of indecision?  Psalm 16:11  ''You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.''  Job 24:13  ''There are those who rebel against the light, who do not know its ways or stay in its paths.''  There is a sense of freedom riding so openly on a motorcycle, as is there, a freedom in living a life in  Christ.
    Each of our lives is a journey to somewhere, do you know where you're headed?  Are you on the chosen path to a dead-end or to an eternal home?

5 comments:

  1. Boy, could I ever expound on this! I can see so many insights from a trike ride....seriously. Being transparent....hitting gravel when pavement quickly ends....allowing someone else to be in control....trying not to tell the one in control where to go/how to drive...learning to trust...etc., etc. This is a great one, Angie, and I can truly relate. Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention...riding in ALL kinds of weather!! T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your that's that. Randy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you cute! Great verses. There should be joy no matter what our circumstances as long as we're walking with our Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Angie, the photo op is the main thing anyway, isn't it? I wish you had gone ahead! Just kidding. Riding a motorcycle is a lot of work. I once rode double with my brother Steve across Missouri and it wore me out. Give me a car any day. I hope you're doing ok. Lord willing, I'll see you tonight. Joel

    ReplyDelete