Thursday, August 2, 2012

Worth the Trouble


Delightfully difficult


     Have you ever used the phrase, 'It's just not worth the trouble.'  Do we think first about how much it's going to take on our part to do something or do we think more about how much of a benefit it's going to be?
     Well when I think about the trouble I am, I hope that the caption above will be thought of.  Delightfully difficult is a good description of me, in that there will be adjustments needed when doing events with me.  I've known Charlene for over 10 years now and we have had our moments of difficulty, like machine breakdowns, and yet she still thinks I'm worth the trouble.
     On the other hand, I might be described as 'delightfully difficult' when I want things my way.  What I want  done may not be an easy task but being patient for it to happen can be more beneficial than harping on it.  I guess you might say the difficult will be accomplished faster, the more delightful you are.
     So when we think of helping someone as too much trouble, the verse 'Love thy brother as thyself' should remind us that we are all trouble and yet all worth it.  Cornerstone Bible Fellowship is doing 'Be the Church' this Sunday, where the members do something for others in the community that day.  Is it more trouble than just going to the church service for the day?  Yes.  Will it be a benefit and witness to others?  Yes.  Will it be worth the trouble? Yes.

Help me Lord, to notice
The hurting, sick, and lost;
Guide me as I help them
Regardless of the cost. —Schuldt









1 comment:

  1. I did not know you were "delightfully difficult" I thought you were just "delightful".
    Dad

    ReplyDelete