Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Way Back Wednesday--Ride On



 









    This is me at about age 9 on my cousin, Jamie's pony--Blackie.  I remember this vividly because it was so much fun riding the pony in their front yard.  It makes me want to go ride down at Hearts n Hooves down the street right now.
     Life is like a horse.  You are riding along thinking you've got it all under control and then without warning, you're knocked to the ground.  The falls remind us of how little power we really have.  Trying to guide our lives without God's direction is like riding bareback with no grip on anything.  Your hands should be gripped on the reins of God's word.  It will guide you wherever you go.
    I hope your happy trails are guided by His light.

4 comments:

  1. Right on.....Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful picture of you Angie. I'm reminded almost daily of how little power I have....But that's when I need to look up.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Angie, what an adorable picture. You are so wise for one so young. Your wisdom puts me to shame for my sometimes lack of faith. See you soon. Aunt Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the sweet picture....how adorable are you!!! Okay, this one really hits home. When I was a young girl, a little older than you are in this pic, my neighbors had horses and my friend Mary Alice and I decided to go riding one afternoon. The horses had been tied up and it was hot, and they wanted to go to the barn and eat, rather than take two teenagers for a ride. My hair was in brush rollers...keep that in mind. Just as my horse and I started down the GRAVEL road to ride (with the barn in sight), he took off at a very fast gallop that I was not ready for. Needless to say, I lost my grip and went sliding down the side and onto the gravel. The brush rollers were smashed flat against my head and, while not hurt seriously, my pride and my head took a pretty good lick. What a neat analogy you gave in your post. In order to keep riding and not fall off (like I did), we must stay in the Word and hold on to God's reins tightly every day and on every ride we take. And then no matter where life takes us, we will be firmly seated with the One who is always in control. Thank you for this memory, and for the great lesson in it....I have not thought of that horse ride in a long time...and now I see true meaning in it! Happy trails to you too! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete