Tuesday, June 5, 2012

So? What About Me?

lol


     Have you ever came home to this kind of greeting after a bad day?  Your kids or your spouse meet you at the door with 'their' list of needs that need attention right this very second?  All you need is five to ten minutes to collect yourself, right?  Locking yourself in the bathroom seems like a reasonable option.
     So let's say you do get those few minutes to yourself, what's the best way to use that time?  Recount all the bad things that happened that day?  No.  Prepare your outlash remarks for when you do come out?  No.  Take the time to pray for a peaceful disposition, a righteous attitude and a forgiving heart for those you felt wronged you that day?  Yes, most definetely the best use of your time.
     For those waiting at the door ready to ambush you with requests, Patience.  Timing can make a world of difference in the response you get.
     We all have responsibilities that must get done but when we think and care about each other's needs first, it can be done alot smoother and peacefully.

6 comments:

  1. You find the neatest pictures to go with your blog. I can so identify with that cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.....something we can all relate to.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. Never happens to me. Well, ok, I lied. It's just your advice was so convicting!!! Good word, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can remember when Jama and Gray were small, and my toughest part of the day was suppertime. Just trying to pull something together for us to eat while I was entertaining two hungry, one fussy children and trying to keep myself sane was a challenge! James was usually working later than I was. Somehow, God sees us through. Counting to 10 (SLOWLY!!) really does help! That...and having the attitude "Help me, Lord" rather than "Why me, Lord"!! Love the pic....so perfect for your wise words! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie, this reminds me of the verse, "...but with humility of mind, consider others more important than yourself." Thanks for the challenge!
    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I come home to books on the floor that were on the dining room table and a big fuzzy cat in there place.

    ReplyDelete