Thursday, June 7, 2012

Helping

helping


     Okay, I just have to say this first about this caption... I prefer, no I insist, that all of my helpers have clothes on...lol.  This picture also reminds me of Marge Nosek for some reason.  She liked hot tea and I often saw her at her dining table.
     Helping others is a way to show God's love to others.  One day we will all be defined as old, like me, by what the Bible says...John 21;18 ''Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.”  I think aging is part of the transformation of ourselves into Christ's image because it takes patience, humility, kindness, self-control, and more patience.
    I can tell you if those helping hands aren't motivated with love, they aren't as much help.  I saw a sign yesterday while shopping that said,  ''If things get any worse, I'm going to ask you to STOP HELPING!''  We've all heard it or said it after a disaster occurs, ''I was just trying to help.''  We can't say love wasn't intended because accidents do happen but there are those times when you rush the help just to get it done.  Not so love motivated, huh?
    1 Corinthians 13; 1-8  ''If I speak in human or angelic tongues, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.''

Let all that you do be done in love<3



4 comments:

  1. You are loved, Angie. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder for me as I deal with patients....

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I may be impatient, because I am tired, etc. or sometimes rush because I need to do other things BUT -- ALWAYS KNOW YOU ARE LOVED. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, Angie, thank you for the reminder. I think of the Scriptures that show love as an act of doing, not just saying. I do not want to be guilty of saying, "I love you," without the act of loving in deed and in truth. I think that sometimes I fail in the latter, and my conscience does not rest until it is remedied. Sometimes that takes awhile! You are always a good balance for me as you write your thoughts. I thank God for you!

    ReplyDelete