Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Discuss It

yeah


     Okay, this could turn into a touchy blog but I'm going to try to keep it calm, cool and collected.  Do you have a closed mind or are you willing to at least hear another side?  I can agree to disagree on topics but I want my side heard.  Some people are more than willing to tell you what they think but then have a deaf ear and a far away look when it's your turn.  Can I just say, I hate that!  I know people like this and therefore I avoid certain subjects with them because my point is mute to them.
     I think debate is good.  I think it can strengthen your beliefs because you have to explain why you think the way you do.  Discussing things can point out false teachings.  I like things to be validated with proof and not just believed because someone said it.
     An open mind can also lead you down the wrong path tho.  Many churches have an 'open door' policy and have accepted cultural ideas that aren't biblical.
     So I guess what I'm trying to say is stand your ground but don't shut the other person out.

4 comments:

  1. Good Blog, should be a rule if you can't LISTEN for the same amount of time, and with the same intensity as you TALK, then you should not be permitted to talk. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remember what MacArthur said? God put our tongue in a deep cave, behind bars, in a slippery place because we let our tongues 'slip up.' Have a good day!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lately tried to "channel my mother." Forgive me for using a New Age term, channeling. What would my mother do? This question crosses my mind especially when I have to deal with those that are not genuine people or I later find out they are not genuine. So there is one I know that isn't and tried something that could have caused a lot of pain Thank the Lord it didn't come to pass. Enough pain did take place but hopefully nothing but joy comes out of it. So I try to treat everyone with kindness and love despite themselves. We should love each other, despite ourselves, because He first loved us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, my study in James comes to mind...."be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger". I sometimes find myself thinking what I will say next, and missing the whole conversation of what the other person is trying to tell me! Oh my, how I need ears to hear and a tongue to hold!! That tongue gets us (me) into so much trouble sometimes. You know, that is one of the things that can never be taken back....the spoken word! If only you could make them fly back in as quickly as they seem to fly out sometimes. What a boring life this would be if everyone was exactly like me! It is important to be strong in our faith, because He tells us "bad company corrupts good morals", but it is also important to listen and to care. There just might be a better way of doing things than our "set in stone" way! Love your neighbor as yourself is our command....and like David said above, we should do it, despite ourselves, because He first loved us. Love you, sweet friend...T.

    ReplyDelete