Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Way Back Wednesday---Golden Retrievers














     When I was a teenager, my idea to earn money was to raise golden retriever puppies.  So one Christmas morning I got a puppy that I named Wendy.  She kept my parents up most of that Christmas eve night.  She was a very good dog and turned out to be a great mother. She loved to be petted more than anything.  We later got another female, Misha, who wasn't a very loving mother so Wendy took care of those puppies too.
The puppy business worked out pretty well for me.  My parents did most of the work and I did most of the loving of  Wendy and the pups, then I got the loot after they were sold.  Even though we found good homes for the puppies, I hated and avoided the times when they left.
      Wendy passed away at an old age for dogs in June of 2001 right before I came back in August.  God's timing is always right and it made it easier on me to be far away. 

2 comments:

  1. I remember that, I think that was a very good job for you, petting on Wendy and those pups such hard work, good thing you got paid well. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I wonder if there is a job like that I can do. i'd love to get paid for someone else's work ;)

    ReplyDelete