Friday, April 13, 2012

Sing It Back To Me

FRIENDSHIP


     Thursday night, we went to dinner with two people I didn't know well but had felt like I wanted to get to know better.  What a blessing that gut feeling turned out to be.  New 'friends' in my life outside of their job environments.  They both work in the healthcare field so that gives you a clue to their thoughtful, giving nature. Our two hour dinner was filled with the laughter I hadn't felt in years.  Uninhibited, pure belly rolling, tear engaging laughter.  They both have my type of sense of humor.. yea, a lil warped..ha. I truly needed a night out like this one.
     Each day His mercies to me are new and so are the blessings.  I am thankful for friends.. old and new.

6 comments:

  1. Life would be a drudge without friends! Thanks for your friendship and the blessing you are to our family, Angie!
    Bobby A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote - it is wonderful. And an evening of laughter and fellowship is a blessing, sometimes a rare one in our fast-paced society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing! I have that quote embroidered on a large doll hanging in my dining room...found it at a craft show in Tulsa, OK many years ago. Loved it when I saw it and just had to have it. As you know, there are a lot of "sayings" and scripture verses hanging in my house, and that is one of my favorites. Love to think of my friends that way....that they know the song in my heart and can sing it back to me when I have forgotten the words. How sweet and how special! So glad you had such a special night out....laughter is the best medicine and brings so much joy!! Love you, T.

      Delete
  3. I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time, Angie. There is nothing like a good belly laughing time now and then. I remember watching "Cosby Himself" for the first time and laughing so hard that I had a face ache and a side ache! In fact, I think I'll try to find it and watch it again! I'm happy too that you have some new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes we did have a laughing good time. I don't know when I have laughed so much. I need that more often. It was great to make some new friends who aren't afraid to be themselves, laugh at themselves and bring others joy in the process. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one of my greatest blessings; what an inspiration you are! Love ya, grace

    ReplyDelete