Friday, March 2, 2012

Soaring

Soaring


        So as I was pondering about what to write about today, I saw this tract, like the caption above, on my desk that Marge Nosek had given me long ago.  It reminded me of the eagle yesterday, so I thought I'd share the tract with you.
        Yesterday, some friends came over to visit for a couple of hours.  It was a great, fun time and a joy booster to me.  As we sat out on the deck, someone noticed a bird circling in the air above us.  Is it a hawk?  No, it's an eagle!  I didn't even know there were black eagles.  I thought to myself of how God lifts us up on eagle's wings and I knew at that moment I was being lifted up in more ways than one.
       I can relate to this poem pretty well.  I've had many earthly things that I worked for taken away. I've never done without but instead been replaced with things I didn't have in mind.  The second paragraph pretty much defines my life. Physical strength has transformed into spiritual strength. Less of me, more of Him.  To resent it, would just dig a deeper hole.  His will for us is often beyond our understanding but it is more important than our own will.  Proverbs 16;9  ''In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.''  The last paragraph tells how we can reach the highest high with a grateful heart when we just give Him praise for where we are.  'Let Your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.''

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure it hasn't been easy. But it's like He's given you a platform from which you can testify of His love and faithfulness. Still, many people, I think, would just dig a deeper hole...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....what a POWERFUL message today! If there was ever anyone who fit the description "less of me, more of Him", it is YOU, sweet girl! And then to have such a precious, loving attitude that that is exactly what has happened. You are a true gem, Angie....how blessed we all are to be able to know you so much better than we ever would have without your blog. Cathie is right...it truly is a great platform to profess all He has done for you, and all he does for all of us. Thank you, Gloria, for encouraging our sweet friend to inspire us even more than she was before...it that is possible. Love you so much, dear Angie....Twylia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you write your blogs, you get to say what you want and feel without interuptions and we get to see what a beautiful person you are and how much you love God. You have handled your loss of physical strength and shown "less of me, and more of Him" so well.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my sweet Angie, you did it again. This post is very powerful, more than you know, I would imagine. Thank you for speaking your heart and sharing that beautiful poem. It meets a real need for me right at the moment I needed it. You are such a blessing to me and to all around you. I thank God for you--all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post! You can not know how much you lift us up! God has used you in so many ways to encourage, bless, convict, and comfort. Aren't we glad that He blesses His people through one another.

    ReplyDelete