Thursday, March 29, 2012

Post-it Note

Pinned Image


     Has anyone ever tried to explain something to you and by the time they're done, you forgot what you asked?  It reminds me of when we first got computers at work.  Although I'm far from being a computer tech, I was the one at work most comfortable with how to do things on the computer.  I went around and answered co-workers questions.  You have to take in to account, this was about 1998.  One of my coworkers had post-it notes on every cabinet above his computer with every how-to that I told him.  One day he said 'okay, I know how to put in the web address but how do I get it to go there?'  I told him and he wrote down on a post-it note, 'press enter.' 
     Simplify.  People get lost in the details.  I think people often shy away from witnessing because of all the details.  Isn't John 3;16 really the simplified version of it all?  Knowledge of more is good but understanding and accepting this verse is key. '' For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.''

4 comments:

  1. This is great Angie...and I love the Einstein quote too:it's very true. My mom has always been a believer in learning things from children's books....many things don't have to be excessively wordy to get the point across....and sometimes too many words obscure the meaning rather than illuminating it. Although I've never been too good at being concise:-) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once read that Rich Mullins who composed so many great Christian songs, was asked to summarize the most important lesson he'd ever learned. He responded with," Jesus loves me, this I know..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was so ME....back in the day when I was learning how to use the computer at work. Not you....the one who was giving the instructions and asking the questions....no, that would not be me. I was the student who was writing it all down on the post-it notes! I can so relate to the guy who wrote and posted,
    "Press enter." I simplify the things that are simple to me...but I have to have the details (and write them down) when it comes to things that are new or foreign to me. By the grace of God, when it comes to computers I have learned to just follow the logical and it will all work out. James always told me that it does no good to yell at the computer, LOL!! What a great scripture verse to emphasize the saving grace of Jesus Christ....John 3:16 covers it all. It gets no simpler than that. Thank you, dear friend, for another great analogy. Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant ANSWERING the questions in that second sentence!!! Guess I still need to proofread a little better!! T.

    ReplyDelete