Saturday, February 25, 2012

Talents

:)               
  
      I go to a church where music lessons are offered at no charge.  The talent over there is overwhelming to say the least. I go first in the recitals so I don't have to follow anyone, lol.  I have taken hammer dulcimer lessons for a few years now.  I don't consider myself to have a talent for it so I try to make up for it with effort. I enjoy it and I think it shows an example of working thru your limitations to others. 
       A woman at church, who is 95 this year, has a talent for sewing. She has shared that talent most of her life by making pillows and lap quilts for others.  Age hasn't stopped her so what's stopping you?
       We all have something to offer. I think we are often hindered when we compare ourselves to others.  Would Celine Dion sound so special if we could all sing like her?  Whatever your talent is, share it with others.  You may have to branch out and try something new to find a hidden talent you never knew you had.  I took a risk with this blog and as pitiful as it started, it has become my new favorite hobby.  Things may take a little time to develop because most of us aren't born prodigys, we have to work at it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I so love the picture above. It is soooooo me! My heart's desire has always been to sing, but God knew it would be a pride issue with me, so He just allows me to LISTEN to all the beautiful music around me. Plus, He blessed me with a sweet husband who plays AND sings, and who also tells me when someone is REALLY good, LOL! If I can understand the words, that's the most important thing to me. When God calls me home, I am going to be a shining star in the heavenly choir, but until then I will just keep doing my rendition of Patsy Cline's "She's Got You!" My motto is: "If you can't sing, make 'em laugh". Hopefully, that will keep bringing a few smiles to those who are kind enough to listen! Maybe my gift is just to keep encouraging those who have the special talent of singing....or playing a musical instrument. And you just keep on keeping on with that hammered dulcimer, girlfriend...you are an inspiration AND a blessing...love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANd I'm so glad that the hammered dulcimer was begun by some man who had no idea that a wonderful woman would pick it up, develop relationship with a giving teacher, and bless the hearts of the many who are a part of her life. And the blog--oh, what an example to others of ways to use the gifts that God has bestowed. I have always believed that everyone has creativity. It's a part of God's personality, and we were made in His likeness. Wonderful post, Angie.

    ReplyDelete