Monday, February 13, 2012

Hot Topic

:)

     I'm going to talk about a hot topic with me but I'll try not to get too hot about it.  We are all going to get sick from time to time but some of it's avoidable.
     I don't understand why some people 'think' it's okay to expose others to their or their kid's feverish illness. Love thy neighbor as thyself does not mean make your neighbor feel as bad as you do.  Nor does share the wealth include germs, viruses, or the flu.  This is not just a self centered blog but other people miss work and/or have unexpected doctor bills they can't afford just because of the exposure.  If you think that you're so important, that you can't miss church, school, work, or whatever...then I encourage you to take a moment to humble yourself.
    For all those who do stay home when sick, I thank you and Lord willing, will see you next time.

6 comments:

  1. You have written over 200 blogs now and I cannot believe that you are just now talking about this subject, as I know this is one of the very few "pet peaves". I agree with you, when I had a staff of 15-20 people, I ENCOURAGED them to stay home when sick or go home.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. Not only frustrating but dangerous to others in some cases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on a sore subject, Angie. It is so important that people realize that, especially for folks like you, they should stay away when ill. No one wants someone else's germs. And you didn't show your ire, just your concern. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto, Gloria! When in doubt about whether or now you should go ANYWHERE sick, STAY HOME!!! And don't invite others in to get your germs. I always appreciate Briarwood Nursing Home when they put a note on the door to "Stay away unless it is an emergency....we have a virus/sickness/etc. on both floors." They don't want you bringing it in and they don't want you taking it away. Well said, Angie...and it certainly needs to be said more often....love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. angie, to the defense of those who are guilty of this, I have several thoughts: 1) We know not what we do; 2 We don't connect communicablity with how we feel; 3)We don't understand the potency of germs' We care much more about how we feel than how someone else is going to feel. 5) We think that everyone else has the same resilience that we have. God forgive us and protect others from our ignorance. Have a great day! Joel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen sister! I agree 100%. I would rather miss out on something than share the germs which are making us miserable and expose myself or sick children to even more potential illness. I've never understood why someone who is ill would rather go out than stay in bed and recover.....

    ReplyDelete