Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fear

its pain..look out

     Have you ever been told 'you might feel a lil discomfort' before?  Then when they did the procedure, you felt like yelling 'for crying out loud, THAT HURT.'  I used to be extremely fearful of needles.  If I had to give blood for some reason, I'd work myself up into a panic and be halfway to passing out before they even stuck me.  It became such a habit, that I'd warn the nurse that if I didn't lay down then I'd pass out.  When I got older, I had to check my blood every few days for awhile.  I got over the fear of giving blood with that ordeal.
     I'm still needle shy tho.  I went in for my 2nd filling in my life at the dentist's office a couple of years ago.  I noticed the dentist hiding something behind his back.  Then I saw that HUGE needle.  My tooth needed filled but my heart was more filled with fear than anything with the sight of that needle. I said, 'what are you planning on doing with THAT?'  [I'm a pretty outspoken patient]  He said it's just a lil numbing medicine.  NUH-UH. I said 'no, I'm good without it.'  I did do fine with it all and no needles. I hope he wrote that on my chart..lol..'no shots for her.'
    Fear can be a good thing tho.  It can keep us from danger and getting hurt.  Psalm 111:10 ''The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.''  God doesn't sugar-coat the pains of hell.  He clearly warns us and it should stir up a fear in us of an eternal life separated from Him.  Matthew 13:42 ''They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.''
     Put fear in its proper place and you'll be eternally blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Under Her Wings said...
    What a good warning for those who don't know the Lord. And for us who know the fear of the Lord, we can say with the prophet Isaiah,"Fear not, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you; yes, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 40:31 When we were a young married couple and lived in Taiwan, Buster was gone often, and I was so fearful. That verse was a "fear saver" for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog and well said. Good examples too.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog....so thankful He is my protector and my shield, and ever present help in times of trouble.....and always. Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete