Saturday, February 11, 2012

Aging

maxine is so amusing

     Now I know the real reason why our family has never been a fan of buffet restaurants..lol. It's an aging reminder. Besides the fact that the food has all been touched or sneezed on by everybody.   
      I love Maxine. I think she's wise yet sarcastic enough to tell you the truth like you've never heard it before.  If you know who 'Walter' the puppet of Jeff Dunham is, I think they'd make the perfect couple.  oops, I just checked, he's already married.
     Aging is not easy.  I think we do have to be able to not only laugh about it but to embrace it. I think the recent headlines of Demi Moore's struggles with getting older are sad for her.  I think it shows a lost soul when all you have to cling to is the flesh.  It's going to change, fade, die and return to dust so I think the soul should take priority.
     Gray hair is from the trials God has brought you thru.  Sagging is from all the years you been blessed with being exposed to gravity.  Short term memory loss is so you can remember the old times even better. 
     They say 'only the good die young' but let's keep on aging gracefully and say 'only the best, outlast the rest.'

5 comments:

  1. I have made it, too old to die young. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I've gotten older, I really try to hang onto II Cor. 4:16 - Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. Some days when my knees creak, my back hurts, my feet ache, etc, I just remember that verse and think, "It's a good thing..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Dust unto dust,
    Dust unto dust,
    Dust unto dust we we must go.
    Love not the body, more than the soul,
    Dust unto dust we must go."
    Joel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, they only get better and better! That's me in that cartoon, minus the hat. (I don't look so good in hats!) Do you have to hit me between the eyes everyday? I do love you, Angie. Thanks for the wisdom.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I can take the sagging, the wrinkles, the arthritis, the aches and pains, etc., etc., but as long as I can find a hairdresser that will make housecalls, I will NOT have gray hair! And believe me, underneath this blonde, my Gray has given me a few gray hairs. You cannot see them but I know they are up there! Once again, this was a great post. I saw something on FB this morning that coincides so well with your blog today...isn't that just so like God to show us how close He is?! Here is what it said:

    ‎"I'd rather be ashes than dust. I'd rather my spark burn out than that it should be stifled by dry rot. The proper function of my life is to live, not exist. So I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use every moment." —Tara Caldwell

    Hope you like that too....it reminded me of you....love you, girlfriend. Safely home....had a great trip....thank you for your prayers....T.

    ReplyDelete