Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Way Back Wednesday



Okay first of all, I don't know why I'm in my nightgown on the front porch for the whole world to see. I guess it didn't matter to me. Wasn't it nice when you were young enough to not really care what the rest of the world thinks? All that was on my mind was Bosco and his tricks. A great moment captured with my childhood dog.
I think this picture can remind us to focus on what's important to us and not give in to worldly opinions. The world can make us feel shy or intimidated but we must stand strong in our own values.

3 comments:

  1. The innocence of a child! I love it, Angie. I still go to the street in my housecoat on trash days.......oh, well, guess I haven't grown up yet! And yes, that's a good illustration to go with your message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was going to write that you start not caring what anyone thinks again when you get older. I go out in my robe also, and not just on trash days....sometimes to get the mail or to sweep off the front porch! But I like the idea that Gloria has that we are not old, just not grown up yet, LOL! Love the pic of you and your doggie. Sweet memories...great post! Love you, T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! You're right about how the world can intimidate ans cause us to be self-conscious. That's something I've often struggled with, but it seems to lessen as I get older. I wish I could keep my girls from that, but it starts so young!

    ReplyDelete