Monday, December 26, 2011

Politics

Deja Moo


     I am not a political person at all.  I think I've only voted twice in my life.  I think it's important to exercise our right to vote and to choose a candidate with similar values but my true trust is not in them.  They are human just like the rest of us and have a sinful nature.  Their campaign 'promises' are often just words that are a means to an end with little value. Our country's future lies in the people turning their hearts back to God as our forefathers intended, not in a smooth talking candidate.
     Aren't you glad that God's promises are faithful and true?  He and His Word are never changing and always guiding us to a future that is good for us.
     I went to a Christmas program earlier this month and I thought the ending was misleading.  It portrayed people's problems in life going away because they chose to believe.  That's not true.  God doesn't promise His children an easy path in life of no troubles. He gives strength and comfort to get thru them. 


From the Daily Bread.....''Don’t ever let your worship of God become an avenue to good fortune.  We worship God because of His love for us and because of who He is, not because loving Him can help our bottom line.''

3 comments:

  1. I agree 100%. Being a Christian is not a guaranteed free ride but it is a promise that God will be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sentiments exactly, Angie, regarding politicians. Even though I don't always trust them, I must say I vote at most every opportunity based on the best information I can attain. My father fought for us to have that right, and if I don't vote, I feel like I am disappointing and dishonoring him and those wonderful men and women who help to keep our country free. My brother, on the other hand, is so disenchanted with our country's leaders that he seldom votes. There are always going to be problems in this old world..."God didn't promise us an easy life....He promised us help to live it." Only by His grace will any of us get to heaven....where we won't have ANY hardships of ANY kind! Love you, sweet friend....T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good word for the end of the year, Angie. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6. Seems that our only responsibility is to trust and to lean not on ourselves and to acknowledge HIM! And somehow straight paths don't always seem straight to us. Anyway, this world is not our home; we're only passing through!

    ReplyDelete