Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sing It

Pinned Image

     I've been singing my whole life. When I was about 4, we attended Freewill Baptist Church in Conway. I would ask the preacher every Sun night, if I could sing to the church after the service. Most of the time, they let me. Well as I've gotten older, my voice has weakened considerably. That doesn't stop me from singing tho because I enjoy it. A friend told me once, '' my mom sings in the car and I can't stand it but I don't care that you do because I can't really hear you.''  Kids can be so honest, at times..lol.  The truth is that I'm not singing for you or anyone else but for me and the joy it brings. Last night in church, I didn't have a hymnal so I tried to just listen. Soon I was reading over the lil girl's shoulder in front of me, singing what I could see.
     God wants to hear our voices sing songs about Him, about what He's done and His promises. We can't all be excellent singers but we all have a voice, however small, to sing praises with.  Don't be shy, forget your the person beside you and sing loud and proud.

Psalm 98;4-6
  Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth,
   burst into jubilant song with music;
make music to the LORD with the harp,
   with the harp and the sound of singing,
with trumpets and the blast of the ram’s horn—
   shout for joy before the LORD, the King.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you wrote this! I can't carry a tune in a bucket and never have been able to but I love to sing! To spare my family, I try to do it when they aren't at home or when I'm alone in the car:) But someday I'm going to qualify for the heavenly choir...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 100% tonedeaf but just love to sing (so you may not want to sit next to me at church... haha!). There's a video of Makenzie singing on my blog today... i think it's super cute (but I'm a little biased). Just warms my heart to hear the sweet sweet sound!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this blog is for all of us who sing despite the crowd's opinion..yea us..lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch you sing every week, and it thrills my soul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see you singing....maybe next time that little girl will be a little less wiggly :) She did tell me she tried to keep it still for you lol.

    ReplyDelete