Sunday, October 23, 2011

Put 'Em On



     Sometimes you have to just put your big girl panties on!  Sometimes people have said to me, I know its hard for you to [something] but you do it anyway. Whatever that [something] is, I do it because its important to me. Just because [something] isn't easy, doesn't mean its not worth doing.
     We all deal with tough situations, hopefully not every day.  When those times come, although difficult, its best to deal with it right then or as soon as possible.  Don't cower or be intimidated, stand up for what you know is right.  Like they say, 'if you don't stand for something, then you'll fall for anything.'  Often we will give in to peer pressure or just conform to what society calls normal but thats not what we are called to do. We were made in His image and are to be transformed into His likeness.

Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

4 comments:

  1. The picture is hilarious! I agree with your blog completely except that I would say that most things worth doing are not easy. I have a feeling you know that from experience. Look forward to your blog every day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic! I needed to hear that little bit, "Put your big girl panties on." I have a difficult (for me) task to do tomorrow morning. Please pray for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect, again! I have thought so many times, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything". We (meaning I) need to be stronger in my beliefs sometimes, rather than just being indifferent. If not, those who stand for the wrong things will sometimes be the victors. God commands us to be strong in Him....for the right things!! Thanks for the word, Angie. Love you, Twylia

    ReplyDelete