Monday, October 3, 2011

Press on...


“In spite of illness, in spite even of the archenemy sorrow, one can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways.”

     We are all disintegrating in some form at this very moment. Our days are numbered and are being used up one by one. I know of someone who has just succumbed to their disability. Its a sad state of existence as a hermit, not only for them but their family. I hear of people that have been diagnosed with an uncurable diagnosis, not deadly just debilitating, and say they'd rather just go on to heaven. I think this is a bad attitude. Of course, we should look forward to meeting our Maker but you can still make a difference in the world around you. Acceptance of the changes in you is critical. Don't give up, just work thru it. Keep your mind active. Conversation, games, reading...whatever your mind enjoys. Get involved with a project. We all have something to offer.  Savor the precious little moments that happen all around you. Watching a squirrel outside or taking a short drive can refresh and rejuvinate your mind and soul.     Go on, get off the bench and do something that shows your alive and well.

3 comments:

  1. Preach on, little sister. That's a message we all need to hear. The older we get, the more difficult life becomes. I love Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Paul wasn't saying this during times of prosperity, but during times of persecution, poverty, and trials as well. Praise the Lord for pouring the power to go on into us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, you are the most wonderful example I know of one who is "pressing on". What a positive attitude you have, and what an inspiration you are! Thank you for this encouraging exhortation. I agree with the verse Gloria shared....it has always been one of my favorites. We are also studying rejoicing in our trials at Bible Study. James 1:2-5 tells us to "consider it all joy when we encounter various trials"....doesn't say "if"....says "when"....not always easy, but always the way we learn to depend on God and not on our own inabilities. To Him be the glory! Love you, Twylia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have written. My husband and I were talking about the Mary vs. Martha life. Martha got things done but Mary had time to sit at His feet and she was the one Jesus praised. Plus, any time I'm worried, I call my friend who is older and not as active b/c I value her prayers. I want to be covered by them in times of difficulty.when I worked all the time, a lot of my prayers were arrow prayers. Hers never are.

    ReplyDelete