Monday, October 17, 2011

Exercise

Just as the body grows in strength
With exercise each day,
Our spirit grows in godliness
By living life God’s way. —D. De Haan


Godly exercise is the key to godly character.

     One thing for sure is that I am not an exercise enthusiast. If I went to the gym, I'd be the one trying to find the closest parking space to the door.  I could give excuses of why working out is not my thing but its just not a pleasure but a needed chore in my eyes. When we lived in IL, I used to walk on the treadmill while we watched 'All in the Family' reruns. That helped take my mind off what I was doing. Now I have a stand-up machine for exercise. The dust on it outside is my guilty reminder to get to using it. I will, I'm going to..soon..lol.
     We need physical exercise but our bodies need spiritual exercise more importantly. You can do push ups till your last day on this earth, but your body will die. Its guaranteed. Living by the Spirit will make you stronger than any body builder could dream of.  Godly exercise will produce fruit that will build your character into who God wants you to be.

 Romans 8:11 (NIV) '' And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.''
    

2 comments:

  1. Angie, that's a great reminder that that the important things in life are so much more than the things that the world deems as vital--a great body and a beautiful face. Although I know I should exercise my body, I know even more that exercise of the spiritual realm is so much more rewarding. Thanks, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! To the exercise part...my dusty tennis shoes are my reminder. Thankfully, spiritual exercise is much more appealing to me...I pray that it will always be.

    ReplyDelete