Friday, September 16, 2011

Till The End

     I saw something on the news last night that I found disturbing. Pat Robertson, the tv evangelist, had a caller phone in a question on marriage. 'My wife has end stage Alzheimers disease and I wana know if its okay to see other women since she's unaware?' Pat's response was 'It would be better to divorce her first.'
I'm no preacher but I know that's not biblical. There are two biblical reasons for divorce, adultery and abandonment, but getting sick is not included. I thought both the question and answer were appaulling. The news reporter suggested talking this over early in your marriage so you'll know what to do. Umm, wasn't that discussion covered under 'for better or worse, in sickness and in health, till death do you part.'
     Be sure if you ask someone for advice, that the answer given is backed up by scripture. Thats how Satan works, he twists the Truth.

1 comment: