Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One Year Ago

     Well it was one year ago today that I went into the hospital and wasn't sure I'd come out. That was a day of seeing the doctor, having a bronchoscopy, non-stop coughing, an ambulance ride and a very long night of near suffocation. I asked my doctor, 'will I ever get back to where I was before?'  He said, 'it'll be a long road.'  Well that's not only true but an understatement. God has been merciful to me by giving me this past year. He has also used me to show His strength, comfort and power thru prayer to myself and to others. I've learned alot on this journey of recovery about fear, trust, patience and His timing. No one would have questioned it if I had been called home that day but apparently I am still in His plans with work to do. What He gives, I'll gladly take and what He takes, I'll gladly give.            Blessed beyond measure every day.

4 comments:

  1. And selfishly, how thankful I am that He has allowed you life so that you could bless my life more than you will ever know. You are an example of great strength and the power of an Almighty God in the life of one who is willing to commit herself to Him. Yes, Blessed Be the Name of the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! He sure has shown His power through you and used you to bless many (including me). I am so thankful He saw fit to give you more time here. You are one precious friend and such a shining example of the love and strength of our Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Sanders I wrote that I remember that day also. You gave us quite a scare. But we are grateful to God that He has allowed you to remain for awhile more so we will have you to love and to be inspired by. Beside that, no one else invites me to dinner.lol You truly inspire us and we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twylia Gray Warlick And we are so thankful He gave you that year, sweet Angie. I am so blessed to call you my friend. Every one of your blogs, your emails, your FB comments, your whispered words are an encouragement to me. It will be your time when it is His time, as is true for all of us. He is always in control. Hope you are feeling better today....you are dancing beautifully in the rain....what a role model you are to so many! Love you, Twylia

    ReplyDelete